To ensure the health and safety of our passengers and crew during this extraordinary time, additional measures will be implemented throughout your Antarctica Flights experience.
In conjunction with airport and airline regulations, we will exercise the following measures:
- For the peace of mind of all passengers, everyone will be required to complete a Health and Safety declaration form. In addition, a contactless temperature test will be conducted on all passengers prior to embarkation. Those people with a fever (38°C or higher) will be denied boarding, but, will receive a credit for a future Antarctica Flight.
- Wearing a face mask during the flight will be assessed before each departure, and passengers will be advised closer to departure if this is mandatory.
- Each flight will have a Qantas COVID marshall onboard.
- The cabin crew and COVID marshall will assist in the seat swapping process, that occurs at the half way point of the flight, with increased sanitisation measures.
- Qantas are implementing strict cleaning protocols. There is enhanced cleaning of the aircraft with a disinfectant effective against coronaviruses, with a focus on high contact areas – seats, seatbelts, overhead lockers, air vents and toilets. The air conditioning system of all Qantas aircraft are fitted with hospital-grade HEPA filters, which remove 99.9% of all particles including viruses. Air inside the cabin is refreshed every few minutes, ensuring the highest possible quality of cabin air.
- To reduce congestion on board, not all seats in Economy Class will be sold allowing more space for passengers.
- No check-in will be required at the airport. Passengers will proceed straight through security and to the departure gate.
- Prior to embarkation, each passenger will receive a personal Qantas Fly Well pack for the flight including: disposable mask, sanitiser and disinfectant wipes.
- Additional sanitisers will be available on board throughout the duration of the flight.